Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
$1,000 Disability Scholarship Program
BestPowerWheelchair.com is offering a disability scholarship of $1,000 to eligible students who are currently registered at an officially accredited University or College.
In order to qualify for our disability scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 17 years old
- Be a manual or power wheelchair user
- Be enrolled at an accredited 4-year educational institution at the undergraduate level
- Be a legal resident of the US
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0
Please write an essay on how you plan to cope with disability in the workplace. After you graduate and earn your degree, what are some of the ways you plan to deal with and manage disability in the workplace. Please limit your essay to 2,000 words.
Your application should include:
- Digital copy (MS Word or PDF file format), so we can publish it
- First & last name, email address & phone number printed with your cover page
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA)
Scholarship Selection Process
How do we select a winner for our Disability Scholarship? Submissions will be read and evaluated by Best Power Wheelchair staff and employees.
Scholarship winners will be selected based on:
- thesis statement
- supporting evidence
- paper format and grammar
- free of plagiarism
The winner's work, along with his or her name and photo will be featured on BestPowerWheelchair.com.
Winners will be notified by phone or email by December 15, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Submit your application and essay below.