Here are some of the benefits of lightweight wheelchairs:
- Less heavy than traditional wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- More compact than mobility scooters
- Perfect for travel and users on the go
- Easy storage. No need to purchase a separate storage area.
- Compact and portable. Easy to place in and remove from a trunk or SUV.
- No additional equipment. No costly vehicle adaptations such as ramps or hoists or lifts are needed.
BUYING A LIGHTWEIGHT POWER WHEELCHAIR
When purchasing a lightweight power wheelchair, consider where you will be using it the most, indoors or outdoors, what features you require, specification considerations like total weight and weight capacity, and what is your budget. Buying the right lightweight power wheelchair that best fits your needs and lifestyle, will provide you with comfort and mobility for your daily activities.
- Do you plan to use a lightweight power wheelchair outdoors, indoors or both?
- Will you be transporting your wheelchair in cars, airplanes or cruise ships?
- What is the maximum weight capacity and wheelchair weight preferred?
- What top speeds will you need the wheelchair to be able to reach?
- Do you need special seating options for extra comfort?
- What is your budget?
Here are some of the main key features of lightweight power wheelchairs:
- Portability – Perfect for travel, users on the go and great for storage
- Durability – The lightweight electric wheelchair you decide to purchase, must be built with high-quality materials. The power chair should be durable and have the capability of getting you around to move freely with no problems.
- Comfort – I Lightweight power wheelchairs are designed for comfort and convenience in mind. f you are not comfortable in your lightweight power wheelchair, it may cause you problems and you will not be happy using it. An uncomfortable seat can cause sores to develop and encourage you to have a poor posture.
- Maneuverability – When choosing your lightweight power wheelchair, you may need to make sure that it can support you in getting your daily tasks done. Look at specifications of turning radius to determine the maneuverability. Your chair should be maneuverable in helping you run errands, go shopping, visiting the park, and going to see your family or friends.
The average price for a new lightweight wheelchair is $900 to $3,900. The price depends on the size, model type, weight capacity, and features of the motorized wheelchair. Higher-end and more expensive ultra-lightweight models will have more features, technology, and customized options.
WHAT IS THE BEST LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELCHAIR?
It is always a good idea to consider your needs and how your new adult and senior lightweight wheelchair will be able to improve your lifestyle. Shop around and do your research first before buying. Determine your exact wheelchair folding measurements and other required specifications.
Take into consideration the above top features and tips when making your decision about buying the best lightweight wheelchair.
- EWheels Medical EW-M45
- Merits Health Travel-Ease
- WHILL Model Fi
- Vive Health Power Wheelchair
- EWheels Medical EW-M30
Need Help Ordering?
Call us at 1-800-711-1940 to speak to one of our product specialists today to help you answer any questions you may have and help your find the right lightweight wheelchair for your needs. Ask us about our monthly specials and deals.
If you are in the market for a lightweight manual or electric wheelchair, you can easily order online. We offer a money-back guarantee, manufacturer's warranty, in-home service and repairs, and Norton Shopping Guarantee.
We accept all major credit cards, financing for all credit types with Klarna and PayTomorrow. Your online order is 100% secure and private.