Average Cost to Repair a Mobility Scooter
The average cost to repair a mobility scooter is $135. The price of the replacement parts are separate from the labor cost. Scooter repair prices may vary nationwide depending on the repair company, your location, the complexity of the repair and the time required to fix your mobility scooter.
|Wheels (up to 4 tires)||$150|
The most common parts repaired on a mobility scooter are wheels, batteries, joystick, motor, seat and armrests.
Mobility Scooter Repair Costs are Determined By:
- the type of mobility scooter model you have
- the expertise of the service technician
- price of the replacement parts
- your geographic location
- the amount of time needed to fix or replace the broken parts
Costs to Consider
Here are some of the costs to consider when repairing a mobility scooter:
- Price of parts – The cost of the parts can vary depending on the mobility scooter model. Parts for an older scooter may be less expensive compared to the newer and more advanced models.
- Labor cost – The labor costs are for the amount of work it takes a technician to repair your mobility scooter. In addition to the new replacement parts that may be needed to fix your scooter, repair companies also charge for the labor cost per hour for the repair. The nationwide average is between $135 to $200 an hour.
Repairing or Buying a New Mobility Scooter
Mobility scooters require routine service and maintenance to run safely. If your mobility scooter is more than seven years old, it may be time to consider purchasing a new one. For some older models, many parts may not be available. Mobility scooters that are regularly serviced and maintained can last up to seven years or more. A mobility scooter that is more than 7 years old and is used daily, will need to be repaired frequently or replaced.
Mobility scooters require routine service and maintenance to run safely.
Click here to shop for brand new mobility scooters.